Toronto Western Hospital
In 1896, a group of 12 doctors founded Toronto Western Hospital in a converted farmhouse at Bathurst and Dundas Streets to serve the city’s west end. From the beginning, TWH developed strong relationships with the many ethnic groups that settled in the area, providing specialized care to a culturally diverse population.
A new Emergency Department, renovated West Wing, open-design Atrium, and the Krembil Neuroscience Centre have transformed the venerable ‘Western’ into a world class healthcare facility. The new East Wing, with nine floors of technologically advanced clinics, opened in January 2005.
Visit Toronto Western Hospital online at www.uhn.ca/twh